About Me

My photo
I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

Wanderlust -- "a trip, or a need to understand one's very existence,
that starts with the first step of a long journey"

-- Travels and ramblings -- summer of 08 and beyond ---

Friday, May 1, 2009

Easter Term beginnings

I look back to my blog and am surprised I actually updated with Lent term events, albeit at the very end all in one go, heh.

Spring is here and Cambridge is absolutely gorgeous outside. The sun is still bright at 7pm, the fields are wide and green, the air fresh and still cool. No matter what other stress there is, for those 10 minutes I'm walking outside by the river, through King's College, around town center, I feel at peace with the world. I feel happy. I feel the wanderlust quiet.

But for those short moments only. As soon as I close the door back in my room, I feel those moments slipping away elusively... and here I am left again.

No comments: