About Me

My photo
I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

Wanderlust -- "a trip, or a need to understand one's very existence,
that starts with the first step of a long journey"

-- Travels and ramblings -- summer of 08 and beyond ---

Friday, September 10, 2010

Memory


When I walk through Times Square in the early morning,
neon lights dim and deserted --

Some days, I look up in exhilaration, dreaming towards the future, the possibilities clamoring with nervous anticipation.

Most days, however, I look around in heavy quietness, memories flooding my mind transporting me to other times and places. Sadness is always the legacy of the past; regrets are pains of the memory. After the storm passes and only wreckage remains, what else can one do but pick up the pieces and shoulder on?

Most days, I try to not remember.

No comments: