About Me

My photo
I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

Wanderlust -- "a trip, or a need to understand one's very existence,
that starts with the first step of a long journey"

-- Travels and ramblings -- summer of 08 and beyond ---

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A weekend back at MIT

sometimes felt like I never left. Two dinners and two lunches every day, it was a compact version of my senior year social life. Taking my favourites and cramming them into a tiny box 40 hours big. Hanging out in the same places with the same people, I could fleetingly forget I no longer belonged. Theta. Next House. PBE. #1 Bus. Harvard Bridge. Kendall. Central. Shaw's. Newbury. Roads. But there were key ingredients missing that provided hard reality checks. No Burton 5. No La Verde's. No Saferide. No 5th floor Reading Room. No Athena clusters. No Infinite. And no certain other people.

No comments: