About Me

My photo
I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

Wanderlust -- "a trip, or a need to understand one's very existence,
that starts with the first step of a long journey"

-- Travels and ramblings -- summer of 08 and beyond ---

Friday, July 18, 2008

nineteen is not the age of reason [Birthday weekend 3]



Three, girl it’s plain to see



Saturday I went back to Sentosa again, but this time spent most of the day at the beach just relaxing, enjoying the view from the southernmost tip of continental Asia, this pretty little island connected to Sentosa by an awesome suspension rope bridge --

And there was this really cool palm tree I sat on for a long time just staring out into the sea, letting the water wash away all of my thoughts...

There were also some interesting and fun, albeit sometimes ear screeching, animal shows in the late afternoon, and after dinner, I didn't do much but lay down by the beach at night -- the stars.. so so many, cold and clear against a great black backdrop that merged into the horizon waters into the shore --

As you can see, I'm slightly obsessed with the night sky and dark beaches...

Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses

Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendour
Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to the music of the night

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar
And you'll live as you've never lived before ...

No comments: